If you are looking for news about what is going on in your neighbourhood around the National Capital Region, then chances are you turn to Metroland Media. Our newspapers around Ottawa and the Valley reach more than 260,000 homes and our website reaches from people in local communities to anywhere across the globe.
Especially proud of the strength of our newspapers, Metroland Media is a print and digital media company providing “hyper-local” editorial content and advertising channels to the communities we serve. We are the ‘Paper of Record’ in most and have a long, distinguished history in many of those communities. Metroland Media is recognized for our advertising expertise, along with our diverse range of local, community focused, specialty publications, website domains and events.
Concerned about the environment? Well so are we. All of Metroland Media’s community newspapers are printed on 100% recycled newsprint – an Ottawa region first! – and are delivered as an entire package by our own consistent and reliable industry-leading distribution network.
Due to our extensive lineup of print and digital media products, Metroland Media is able to offer a wide range of advertising solutions for all types of businesses and service providers. Whether you are trying to reach every household in the community or deliver your message to specific homes near your location, Metroland Media will customize a solution to your precise needs.
In October 2005, Metroland Media acquired Runge Newspapers and rebranded it into the Metroland Media Empire. Now, under the Metroland Media banner, we publish 11 total market coverage (TMC) community newspapers in 12 different markets. Those 11 newspapers are (listed in alphabetical order):
• Arnprior Chronicle-Guide – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 7,400). First published in 1880.
• Barrhaven Ottawa South This Week – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 27,000). First published in 2002.
• Carleton Place/Almonte Canadian-Gazette – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 13,000). Serving Carleton Place since 1876 and Almonte since 1867.
• Kanata Kourier-Standard – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 24,000). First published in 1966.
• Kemptville Advance – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 17,000). First published in 1855.
• Nepean This Week – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 26,000). First published in 1998.
• Perth Courier – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 12,000). First published in 1834 (Canada’s second oldest weekly newspaper).
• Renfrew Mercury – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 14,000). First published in 1871.
• Smiths Falls This Week – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 12,500). First published in 2005.
• Stittsville News – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 11,000). First published in 1957.
• West Carleton Review – delivered every Thursday (distribution of 6,200). First published in 1998.
For more information, advertising opportunities or general inquires please contact us at:
Metroland Media Ottawa Head Office
80 Colonnade Road - Unit 5, Nepean, ON K2E 7L2 (office hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Ph: (613) 224-3330 | Fx: (613) 224-2265
For more information about Metroland Media's entire portfolio click here.