More than $230,000 in infrastructure upgrades are happening to Renfrew County snowmobile trails, thanks to SnowCountry! OFSC District 6’s successful grant application for tourism development funding.
Snow Country! District 6 is a member of the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs.
Supporters of the application were the Ottawa Valley Tourist Association and Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization, which are both located in the Renfrew County administration building at 9 International Drive, Pembroke.
The upgrades will include:
• $16,392 to Eganville Sno-Drifters for E102 trail surface improvements on new rerouting to Griffith and for B101A trail resurfacing;
• $6,022 to Whitewater Sno-Goers for TOP A culvert, bridge and rail repairs;
• $42,918 to Keetna Snowmobile Club (SC), for Gunns Road improvements and culvert work at Forest Lea Road;
• $6,300 to BonnTrae SC for B102 rerouting after the lockout at Wilno;
• $71,341 to North Renfrew SC, for TOP A trail rerouting that improves and straightens 10 kilometres of trail, and culvert work;
• $5,553 to Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers, for culvert repairs, bulldozing and bridge redecking;
• $72,710 to Opeongo Snowbirds for culvert and rail bed work between Wilno and Whitney, and other trail improvements that require swamp-area repairs and gravel loads.